Wednesday, March 16, 2005

New Pants

I ordered a pair of pants--actually 2 pair, one stone-colored and one black--from Chadwick's, and they came in last week.

I don't normally order pants from catalogs, because I'm a pear shape and the manufacturers tend to make pants for cylinder or apple shapes. What happens when I put on a regular pair of pants is that the back of the waist sticks out so far I could pack a lunch (or a backpack) and carry it around behind me inside the waistband of the pants. Not very attractive at all.

What made me order the pants? It was the description that filled me with cautious hope: "Adjustable button tabs at the waist." Here's the online catalog picture.

You can just see a tiny bit of the other button under the hip-free model's right elbow. So I rebuttoned the back elastic-filled tab to the forward buttons, and the pants fit great!

But that's not why I'm writing about these pants.

There was a tag attached to them that said, "Teflon." I now have two pair of Teflon pants. Who would have thought?

I've heard of Teflon frying pans (even owned some) and Teflon presidents. But not pants.

What does the Teflon do??? I can't tell. I dropped a tiny piece of chocolate on my stone-colored pair this morning, and it didn't slide right off the way fried eggs slide out of a Teflon frying pan. In fact, the chocolate spot is still there on my pants this afternoon.

So I'll have to run them through the washer without any pre-treating and see if the spot comes out. That Teflon ought to be good for something. If it doesn't work, then I'll have to treat them like any other pair of non-non-stick pants.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: