Friday, September 19, 2008

Going into Stealth Mode (Updated)

Not much internet activity out of me for now. I'm fighting another virus and going away for the weekend, so things will be quiet here at Skye Puppy.

Update:

When I spotted the virus (it looked like adware), I told McAfee Anti-Virus to update itself, then I put the computer in Lockdown mode (no access to the internet coming or going) and ran a full scan. It found nothing out of the ordinary.

Later Friday night, I unlocked the internet just to check my email before bed, and McAfee popped up to tell me it found something potentially harmful, so I suggested very strongly that McAfee remove the darn thing. Then I put the computer back into Lockdown for the weekend.

This morning I unlocked my computer again, and I've been hesitantly leaving it unlocked, hoping that McAfee does a better job protecting my computer than when I'm bossing him around and nagging him to scan. So far nothing unwanted has appeared. By tomorrow, I might just start breathing again...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahoy there, lassie! I hope ye reco'er yer health an' dasn't stay away fer too long. Enjoy yer weekend.

Arrr!

SkyePuppy said...

WordSmith,

Happy belated TLP Day, matey! Arrrr!

janice said...

Do we call you 007Puppy now? You know, since you're going stealth and all?

SkyePuppy said...

Janice,

You know, that's not a bad idea...

Malott said...

Slacker!

Bekah said...

Get your computer well soon so you can come back! :)

Malott said...

OK... It's been 5 days.

I mean... Really!

Malott said...

Go to the library for crying out loud!

SkyePuppy said...

Chris,

It looks like I'm virus-free now. But before I could put up any new posts, I had to take care of old business: answering Paw on my global cooling post, and that's done now.

So now I can start looking for just the right weird animal news or something...