Friday, April 02, 2010

I Read This Wrong

I was checking the news this morning and out the corner of my eye, I saw a headline at the bottom of a list. Here's what I thought it said:

Geitner: Disparity in weather 'deeply unfair'

Which really is funny. I was prepared to agree with him (shocking, I know, that I might agree with a member of the Obama administration). After all, it's completely unfair that California has no autumn weather. I call for an immediate... no, make that in October... redistribution of autumn to those of us unfortunate souls who are forced to live weather-deprived for most of the year in California. Indiana can have our October weather this year.

But that's not what it said. This is the real headline:

Geitner: Disparity in recovery 'deeply unfair'

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said Thursday it's "deeply unfair" that some financial institutions that got taxpayer-paid bailouts are emerging in better shape from the recession than millions of ordinary Americans.

He acknowledged public outrage over that and said people watched with disdain as Washington protected the banks and investment houses whose risky bets caused the crisis, even as the national unemployment rate was soaring to double-digit levels for the first time in a generation.

But in a nationally broadcast interview, Geithner also argued that President Barack Obama had no choice when facing a financial crisis but to support then-President George W. Bush's "unpopular" bailout plan.


Oh, that's right. I forgot. All the unfairness in our country, even the weather, is President Bush's fault. And Obama is a panty-waist wussy who can't even stand up to an out-of-office former president and do what he believes is right. My mistake.

No comments: