Friday, September 30, 2005

Postage Stamps

I'm starting today's posts with the important one.

The US Postal Service has released a new set of eleven stamps of: The Muppets. The first-day release ceremony was held Wednesday, and Kermit himself attended.

Unfortunately, the USPS website doesn't have the pictures posted yet, and the Postal Store page of stamp issues doesn't have it available for sale either. I'm not sure how they can declare a stamp set "issued" without actually offering them for sale.

Now, I am convinced that a person's favorite Muppet reveals a whole lot about that person's personality, so I'll just admit up front that my favorite Muppet is Fozzie Bear, and I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Meanwhile, if you want some whimsy in your stamps, check out these other issues:

The Art of Disney: Celebration

Last year's The Art of Disney: Friendship

Brighten someone's day with a fun postage stamp. They cost the same as the boring ones.

Update:

Here is the link to the USPS page that has the picture of the new Muppet stamps.

No comments: