Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Leaving in the Morning

My friends and I leave for Poland in the morning. We're meeting at one person's house at 5:00 AM, and another lady from church will drive us to the airport in her big car with a big trunk.

I'm almost packed. Right now it's down to figuring out which gel-like substances I need to pack in my checked luggage and what I think they'll let me carry on.

Tickets. Check.

Passport. Check.

Money and plastic. Check. Check.

Unless an internet cafe jumps out in front of us, I expect to be incommunicado for the next week. We get back a week from tomorrow, likely suffering from jet lag.

Our schedule planning man has adjusted our itinerary, so we'll be able to see the monuments in Warsaw and visit Stutthof Concentration Camp instead of Hitler's Bunkers. Stutthof was the first concentration camp the Nazis built outside of Germany, and it was the last one liberated by the Allies.

And of course, we'll be there for our Polish church's 60th Anniversary Celebration.

So until next week, Do widzenja!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I realize you're probably well on your way now, but I'll say it anyway...hope your trip is safe and enjoyable. I'm glad you're going to be able to see some of the things you wanted to, that will make the trip even more special.

Be careful and take lots of pictures (to share!). See you again in a week or so when the jet lag wears off.

Malott said...

Come back...

Come back, Skyepuppy

Skyepuppy...

Come back...