Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Trip - Heading Home

I leave for home this morning in my car. It's 1258 miles away, according to Mapquest.

I would have stayed longer, until after Thanksgiving, but when I was talking to my daughter over the weekend, she said she doesn't have anyone to have Thanksgiving with. Her dad and his wife will be going away on vacation for a week. And her friend, who used to live with us, is renting a room from a guy who doesn't allow land-based meats in his house. So the best my daughter could hope for over there is tofu turkey, and she's not up for that.

I'm not sure if my son has plans yet or not.

So I'm heading home. I've made the drive in 2 days before, but last time it took me 4 days. I'll try to get home before Saturday night, so I can go to church on Sunday.

And then I'll come back to Texas around the first of the year, so we can finish up our Trip.

Update (Thursday evening):

It sure is easier to drive through El Paso in a Toyota than in a 30-foot motorhome towing a Toyota.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

You're a good mom - and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your daughter. And what a good feeling to be back in your own church (your own pew?) ;)