Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Holidays

I either heard or thought the word "cubicle" with exactly the same pacing of the word "vestibule" as it's sung in Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol by the bad criminal people. So now that song is running through my head and making me want to sing, "La! La! La-la-la-la-la! We're just blankety-blank-blank, No Good!" Not exactly the sort of thing the upper management folks want to hear from their employees. Not exactly the right time of the year, either, with Groundhog Day coming tomorrow.

Then the guy in the next row said something with a bit of a gravelly voice and reminded me of Talk Like A Pirate Day, which Hugh Hewitt celebrates on his show every year. Only, it's the wrong time of the year for that too. Talk Like A Pirate Day isn't until September 19th.

It's been a screwy kind of day. I think I'll prepare for tomorrow by watching "Groundhog Day" tonight.


No comments: