I saw this at Bekah's Bits, and I wanted to play too. Twenty-five questions about Christmas:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, unless I must use a gift bag.
2. Real tree or artificial? I prefer real, but I don't have room for one, so it's a small fake one now.
3. When do you put up the tree? When I get around to it. Usually before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get around to it. Usually after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? I don't remember.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Nothing stands out from when I was little. In high school, though, my parents got me a 10-speed bike, and I was thrilled because the bike I'd been using was a dork bike. I took the new bike outside and rode it in the snow.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes. Clear glass.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Everybody. I'm not a shopper.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Nobody. I'm not a shopper.
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? When I was in high school, my brother got me some lavender cologne. It smelled good in the bottle, but it stunk on me. I don't blame him (how would he have known?), but it didn't work out.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Christmas cards? Huh?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol (yes, I know, it was a TV show not a movie).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I must.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cream wafer cookies. Little flaky sandwich cookies that melt in your mouth because they're all whipping cream and butter. Hmmm. We're going to have to make some this year...
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. And among the rest, O Come, O Come Emmanuel, because I like the lyrics and also the fact that it's in a minor key--so different from all the rest of the Christmas carols.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes but only if I sing the song.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? With the little tree, neither. The angel & star are too big.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Shopping.
23. What is the 'corniest' family tradition you do, or miss doing? Putting "Sputnik" on the Christmas tree. It's a dreadfully ugly ornament I made when I was in Blue Birds in about 4th grade, with velvet ribbons & beads & golden-headed hatpins stuck in it all over. It always goes on the tree near the top so we can see it.
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Sputnik.
25. Which looks best theme trees or homey trees? Theme trees look best, but they're for businesses. Homey trees belong at home.