Friday, August 05, 2005

Duck

I miss my Daddy.

He loved ducks. Not in the way that some people surround themselves with little figurines and pictures on the wall of their favorite animal. It's more that ducks made him chuckle, with the way they waddle and the sound of their quack. Ducks are inoffensive and kind of adorable in their ungainliness on land. And because my Daddy loved ducks, I think of him when I see them.

Yesterday, while I waited for the computer at work to finish running some of my jobs, I came across this post at Argghhh!!!, one of the milblogs. It's called, "Duck." It's a little long and worth every moment it takes to read it. John's writing is beautiful and makes me wish my words came off my fingers even half as well as his do. And it reminds me of my dad.

Enjoy it!

No comments: