- Let others know who tagged you.
- Post 8 random facts about yourself.
- Post these rules.
- Tag 8 others to continue the meme.
It's a little hard to know what to post, since I've divulged quite a lot of random, uselss information about myself before, but here goes:
1. As a young adult, I had a two-day temporary job handing out samples of cigarettes in downtown Los Angeles, where the winos and Bible screamers hang around.
2. When I was in kindergarten, my mom got a call from my teacher one day, asking why I wasn't in school. I had left the house on time, so my mom started walking to school and found me distracted by all the things there were to look at along the way. She escorted me to school.
3. When I was in high school in Montana, and Polak jokes were all the rage, we always substituted "North Dakotan" for "Polak" (How many North Dakotans does it take to screw in a light bulb...?).
4. I once gave up chocolate for about four or five months for religious reasons (not for Lent--I've never been a Catholic). During that time, I rediscovered the joys of other flavors that I had always passed by, things like Good N Plenty, and berry syrup poured over the really high-quality vanilla ice cream.
5. I was in Blue Birds and Camp Fire Girls as a kid, not Brownies and Girl Scouts.
6. My favorite job was working for an airline in the IT department. We had a bunch of kooks working there, but I loved what I did.
7. I was the victim of identity theft 22 years ago, long before they had a name for it (I found out about it right after I went on maternity leave with my son). They called it true-person fraud at the time. The FBI was on the case--mine was only one of the more than a dozen names the Fraud Lady used--but I never learned if they caught her.
8. When I was a Drama major in college, fresh out of high school, the nervouse energy in the Drama department was so pervasive that I tried smoking a cigarette to be like everyone else. The first inhalation of smoke burned my throat so much, I never did that again.
And now I tag:Bekah
All I Can Stands
Wordsmith from Nantucket