Saturday, May 23, 2009

Surprise at the Grocery Store

I stopped at the grocery store (not my usual one) on the way home last night. While I was wandering, trying to find what I needed in the unfamailiar layout, I noticed a man looking intently at the cat food display. Then he turned to me and said, "There's a gigantic rat in there."

I heard all the words he said, but my brain refused to put them together with any meaning. He couldn't possibly have said, "rat." Then I saw it, huge and moving quickly away from me between the tops of the cat food bags and the shelf above.

I asked the man if he was going to report the vermin, and he said he would. I hope they obliterated it.

5 comments:

Bekah said...

I got shivers just reading about it!!! I hope it's long gone. as in dead.

Tsofah said...

EWWWWwwwwwwww!

And you STILL shopped there? You are one brave puppy, Skye!

SkyePuppy said...

Tsofah,

No, I did not shop there. I beat a hasty but calm retreat and left the store empty-handed.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Where there's one...

janice said...

What WordSmith said...