Monday, March 05, 2007

European Invasion

I read the news, reported Saturday by BBC News, about the recent invasion of Liechtenstein by the Swiss Army, and I didn't think much of it. It was all glossed over, very hush-hush, as though it were nothing.

But that was before I knew the background behind the story.

Charlie, at Another Think, has the whole sordid tale spelled out in shameful detail. He tells the history, and he names the names.

With all the Euro-carping against the US over Afghanistan and Iraq, no doubt the Europeans are ashamed of their own aggressive tendencies. Read the whole sad story for yourself.

1 comment:

janice said...

I read Charlie's post the other day. I got a real laugh.

When is the world community going to come out and condemn the Swiss? Are we to believe the Swiss will get a pass on their "aggression" because they're papal gaurds?