Friday, January 07, 2005

Rain-X®

I love Rain-X®! Rain-X® will save you from having to buy new wiper blades, which is what I need since I never figured out how to replace them and I'm too cheap to pay a repair place to do it for me.


From their website, I can see they have a new-improved version (the Rain-X® Windshield Wax at the bottom), but I still have the old pre-improved bottle at home, and it's fabulous.


The weather forecast said we'd be getting a major storm today, and since my daughter's car has wipers that just smear the rain into a semi-opaque mess, I decided that some Rain-X® was in order.


Of course, I didn't decide this until bedtime. So, shortly after 10pm I went out with the Windex & paper towels, flipped up the wipers on both cars and started cleaning the windshields.


The new neighbors' dog noticed I was there and started barking--the kind of robust bark that makes a dog owner proud not to have one of those little yappy things. Then somebody yelled, "Shut up, stupid dog!" but I couldn't tell if it was the owner or another neighbor. Either way, the owner could be in trouble with the association, because barky dogs aren't allowed outside after 10pm (we live in a strict house-dog neighborhood).


Once the windshields were clean, I applied Rain-X® to both cars, applied some more Rain-X® to both cars, wiped both windshields with a damp rag, then with a dry rag. Done. Flip the wipers
back in place and go in. It's work getting the Rain-X® ready, but boy oh boy when the rain comes!


This morning I headed off for work, and the rain started slowly. The raindrops just beaded up and rolled off the windshield. The faster you drive, the more the window clears. I didn't turn on the wipers until I was halfway to work, and then only once in a while when the rain was more of a mist than a downpour.


No more having to look above or below the wiper-arcs of smudged, missed rain. No more filmy wetness blurring my view of the road. No more kicking myself for not having put on the Rain-X® sooner. Now I get a clear view of the road in the heaviest rain when other drivers are straining to see the front of their cars.


Life is good! Thank God for Rain-X®.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best entry ever.

Anonymous said...

Rain-X? Have you ever tried Rain Magic? I live for this stuff, with all the cross country driving I do there's nothing like it! I baught mine online @ www.seasonaldelights.com. Check this stuff out, I think you'll love it!