Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Back Again

I got in my car this morning and started for work. Laura Ingraham was discussing something that was not the Miers nomination, so the radio stayed on. When I adjusted myself in the seat, I felt a sudden pain in my back at my waist. Not a good sign.

Last year, when I was taking the garbage can out to the curb on Garbage Day, one of the handles slipped from my hand and all the weight ended up suddenly in the other hand. I had a sharp pain run from the side of my spine down my leg. The pain went away, so I went to work, where it started getting worse and I called a chiropractor to make an appointment. As I headed for the elevator, my back went into a spasm that had me doubled over against the wall, sliding to the floor in pain. I don't swear, but I said the 's' word--the real one--because it hurt that bad. During the course of my chiropractic treatment, I tracked my progress by the word I said when my back hurt. When I was at "ow," I knew I was almost cured.

Today at work, I had one order that absolutely had to get finished before I could go home. I walked around like a stooped-over old lady, and when my back hurt, I said "dang," so it's not as bad as last year. My chiropractor is closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'll go camp at his doorstep when he opens tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, I had planned on posting on a Zimbabwe article or two, or on Mark Steyn's latest, but I worked straight through my lunch hour, because all I wanted to do was get home and lie down on my ice pack. Which I did, and it helped. But I still have other orders I have to work on from home.

Soon, though, I'll get to those articles. Soon.

No comments: