Sunday, October 16, 2005

GodBlogCon Wrapup

I planned on writing a summary of what I got out of GodBlogCon, but then I read what Lores wrote on her Just A Woman blog about Excellence, Tone, and the Bork/Miers Lesson, so I won't reinvent that wheel. She nailed it.

When I decided to attend the conference, it was for what I could learn, so I can correct the stupid mistakes I don't know I'm making, or so I can learn other ways to do this better.

But the best part of the conference for me turned out not to be what I learned. It was meeting the other bloggers. In the end, people are what matter.

It's one thing to get to know someone by reading what he or she has written--and we can get to know them this way. But it's something entirely different to meet them in person. I've now put a face, a voice, a sense of humor (or not) to the words I've read. And I've met other people whose words I haven't read before but now want to. Sharing a common faith and a common interest with them has started me on the path to new friendships.

I'm glad I went. And I expect that I'll be back next year.

2 comments:

Mark Daniels said...

Like you, I'm very happy that I attended GodBlogCon. Also like you, the highlight of the conference was meeting all these dedicated Christian bloggers!

Blessings in Christ,
Mark Daniels

Lores Rizkalla said...

hey skye puppy! it was great to meet you and spend time with you.

thank you for the link and the kind words about my GodBlogCon summary.