Thursday, October 25, 2007

Reasons Not to Vote for These Clowns

It's not that we don't already have enough reasons not to vote for some (most) of the candidates for President. But the reasons just don't stop coming.

Barak Obama:

On ABC News's Blog, Sunlen Miller reported yesterday on Obama's choice (or not) for his running mate.

Democratic Senator of Illinois Barack Obama put to bed that question from a voter who donned a t-shirt reading, "Obama and Gore: Experience and Youth, Obama and Gore: Wisdom and Truth."

The supporter asked the '08 presidential hopeful if he would consider taking "the wind out of Hillary’s sails" by asking Nobel prize winner former Vice President Al Gore to be his running mate before the primaries.

"I can promise you that as president I will have him involved in our administration in a very senior capacity in his role," Obama responded that, "having won the Nobel peace prize and an Oscar that being Vice President again would be probably a step down for him."

He's right that Gore's being VP again would be a big step down from sainthood. Or is Gore the world's savior now? I'm having trouble keeping the titles of His Environmental Holiness straight.

But if Obama plans on using the unhinged Gore in a "very senior capacity," then it means Obama is operating in diminished capacity and should be disqualified from office.

John McCain:

The Boston Globe reported Tuesday on John McCain's latest attempt at de-wussifying himself.

Republican presidential candidate John McCain told workers of small weapons factory that he not only wants to catch Osama Bin Laden if elected, but said he "will shoot him with your products".

"I will follow Osama Bin Laden to the gates of hell and I will shoot him with your products," McCain said.

Good idea. But why wait? Why isn't he doing it now?

McCain told reporters afterward he was joking when he made the comment at Thompson Center Arms in Rochester.

"I certainly didn't mean I would actually shoot him. I am certainly angry at him, but I was only speaking in a way that was trying to emphasize my point," McCain said. "I would not shoot him myself."

OK. He really is a wuss. Or another winner of the Idiot Thing To Say Award. Both options are reasons not to vote for him.

No comments: