Wednesday, December 31, 2008

SkyePuppy Predicts 2009

I've done yearly recaps before, so this year I thought I'd venture really far out on a very tiny limb and take a shot at predicting the future. Just in case you were wondering, this is not one of my strong suits. It's not even a weak suit, but I'm not going to let that stop me. Here are 9 predictions for 2009:

The hardest prediction is whether or not all the lawsuits challenging Obama to prove his natural-born citizenship will hit paydirt and keep him out of the presidency.

I predict that Barack Obama will be sworn in and be allowed to remain our President for the full term.

I predict that VP Joe Biden, when first allowed out in public, will say something really stupid that will embarrass President Obama, whereupon Biden will be kept under wraps for the six months following The Incident.

I predict that terrorists and/or rogue Islamofanatic states will test Obama's mettle with an attack against America or her interests. Yes, I know Joe Biden predicted this during the campaign, but it's the one thing he said that I believe is right.

I predict that Obama's response to the mettle-testing will be some wussified action.

I predict that Vladimir Putin's Russia will invade another of the former Soviet states with impunity.

I predict that it will be cold this winter.

I predict that it will be hot this summer.

I predict that the polar bears will not die off.

I predict that in 2009 I will get a day job that doesn't hurt my feet.

Now all that remains is to see if I'm any good at this.

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Dinah Lord said...

Happy New Year, Skye Puppy - may the force be with you (and may your feet hold up until that day job comes along.)

janice said...

Happy New Year, Skye!

It'll be interesting to see how accurate your predictions are. You'll have to post them as they occur.

Bekah said...

Happy new year! I am horrible with predictions - but I'm very interested to see how your attempt goes! As for the polar bears...I saw the "save the polar bears" commercial this week. I love Noah Wyle...but not even he could keep me from sighing and changing the channel.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Happy New Year!

I can't even predict what I'll be doing this weekend; so I won't even bother with predicting an entire year outside of my direct influence.

Tsofah said...

I predict we will be happy when Obama's presidency is over.