Monday, March 06, 2006

Name Three Things

I tried this sort of thing a while ago, and I didn't get much response. I even had to cajole my daughter into responding, so I wouldn't have just one lonely participant. But I'm fool enough to try again.

Name three things you've always wanted to do (or wanted to do for a really long time) that you haven't tried yet. Variations on things you have done don't count.

Be sure to put your answers in the comments section. If you can't think of three things, then one or two will do nicely to give the rest of us an idea of new dreams we could have.

I know! I'll go first.

1. Somebody (who I have reason to believe would know) once told me that if you take a one-gallon paint can, fill it with water, put the lid on nice and snug, and then shoot it with a .45, the force of the bullet will make the water come out the top of the paint can in a plume with the lid dancing on top. I don't just want to see that happen. I want to make that happen myself.

I mentioned it to my sister and her husband when we were all together for my dad's funeral, and my brother-in-law, who has guns (they live in Texas), said he would start collecting paint cans for the next time I go there to visit them.

2. I want to rent a canal barge and go all around France or England or Scotland in it. I'm not talking about a river cruise with a captain and crew. I mean the kind of houseboat-like barge that you drive yourself and work the locks and tie it up and go into town.

3. I want to buy an RV and drive all over the country and see all the photogenic places and all the odd places. There are so many places to see and so many people to meet.

OK. It's your turn now. Help us dream new dreams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I think it'd be cool if I could compose one of the songs that I often hear myself dreaming up... during my dreams. They're crazy cool! Seriously. w0rd.

2. I'm totally stealing this from someone (I'm never telling who..!): Bike ride around Europe. However, I wouldn't mind if I was still single if it were to happen.

3. *drumroll* Well.. actually, I'd say get married, but I once got married on Easter Sunday when I was, like, five years old.. so I can't say it. I'll say this, though: I want to bring someone to God. Can I get a w00t w00t!

SkyePuppy said...

For the record, my 19-year-old was NOT cajoled this time.

Malott said...

1) Being a lonely old bachelor there is always the obvious... although these days it is less something [I] would do and more a matter of prayer, although the prayer always ends with a wink and a... "of course You know best." In the past women have always been a wedge between me and God. One that actually brought me closer to Him would be nice... and probably a miracle at my age.

2) In the gun category, I'd like to own a rifle and become a marksman... a la Atticus Finch and the mad dog.

3) I'd like to get past my fear of flying and my anxiety with travel... (or take a freighter)and go to Israel and walk around and look at the same waters and hills that Jesus looked at.

SkyePuppy said...

... and probably a miracle at my age

You make yourself sound positively ancient. And that's not true. Because that would make me nearly positively ancient.