Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Olmert Still Plans to Evacuate from West Bank

Sometimes I just can't believe how dense people can be. Especially the leaders of countries. I guess I should be used to it by now, but good grief!

WorldNetDaily reported today, "Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said yesterday Israel will forge ahead with his plan to pull out of Judea and Samaria."

This is stupidity on top of myopia on top of misjudgment. This is one more case of politicians who implement a program and never stop to evaluate its effectiveness. They just keep on doing more of the same reckless thing.

Since Olmert obviously doesn't understand the principles of cause and effect, here's what happens, in this order:

1. Israel withdraws unilaterally from territory.

2. Israel's enemies are sucked into the territory to fill the void.

3. Israel's enemies bring in weapons and fortifications.

4. Israel's enemies attack Israel.

It's that simple, but Olmert doesn't get it.

If Israel really withdraws from the West Bank, after their examples in Gaza and Lebanon, I'm ready to qoute to Olmert from that great philosopher, Jimminy Cricket: "You buttered your bread, now sleep in it!"

6 comments:

Malott said...

May I add 2a?

The Arab hillbillies destroy and adulterate every modern structure and improvement that the Israelis have built and accomplished.

Thank you.

SkyePuppy said...

Chris,

You're right. I missed that step.

All_I_Can_Stands said...

Here is my take. It is possibly a strategy. The Arab world has been strangely silent (except Iran). They are not all piling on Israel as we have seen in the past. Most of the world leaders have admitted (ranging from grudgingly to enthusiastically) that Israel has the right to defend itself.

With this base of more support than they have enjoyed for a long time Israel is trying to maximize on the goodwill by this pullout.

When the next set of attacks against Irael come, they will be very justified in a massive initiative to retake back the territories it gave up and this time keep it.

SkyePuppy said...

AICS,

I don't know... I've seen the map of the West Bank locations they plan to move out of, and it looks like polka dots. And some of the spots are right by Jerusalem.

Hamas wouldn't need missiles. They could bomb Jerusalem by throwing lit sticks of dynamite.

All_I_Can_Stands said...

Well, I didn't say it was a good idea. I just think that is what they might be thinking.

Of course we have read the last chapter and know that Israel will be fine.

SkyePuppy said...

AICS,

Yes, I kinda like that last chapter.