Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blog Recommendation

I was reading Michelle Malkin's blog, and she had an open thread for her registered commenters (I haven't managed to be on her blog during her registrations windows, so that doesn't include me). In between all the well-wishes for her safe travel was this comment from RaisedRight:

Since we have the open thread…I’m not sure why, but right now I feel the urge to introduce you all to an amazing blog.

I have never met the author, she is the wife of the singer for the Christian group Selah. They are pregnant with a child who is “incompatible with life” and she writes about her struggles, her faith, and her everyday life. I am moved by the strength of their faith and I hope some of you will take a look and pray for this amazing family. I have just been looking at the blog as of this week and I find myself incredibly inspired by this family.

So I took a look. The blog is called, "Bring the Rain: The story of Audrey Caroline." Audrey is the daughter they're still pregnant with, and just on the main page of the blog Angie (the mom) had me laughing at something one of her daughters said and crying over the heartbreak they have coming and at the beauty of her faith.

It is the trials of life that drive the roots of a believer's faith deep into the Living Water for the strength he or she needs. And our God is faithful.

I encourage you to take a look. (Jacob, if you go there, be nice.)

4 comments:

Jacob said...

I gagged on the saccharine sweetness of the words "It is the trials of life that drive the roots of a believer's faith deep into the Living Water for the strength he or she needs. And our God is faithful."

Sorry. Religious-babble is funny though.

Also: I hate when people talk about the couple being pregnant. No, the couple is not pregnant. The WOMAN is pregnant. She's the one with the vagina, she should get the credit. Any idiot guy can ejaculate into a woman.

Jacob said...

OMG I just turned up my speakers.

CHRISTIAN MUSIC! AWOOOOGA!

Spew.

SkyePuppy said...

Jacob,

I'm so glad I could offer you such a meaningful experience. Gagging followed by loud noise. What could be better?

Jacob said...

Not being prejudiced here, but Christian music is the WORST.

Scrap that, I once saw a Christian-themed comedy stand-up type show, and THAT was the worst.