Friday, March 28, 2008

Nephew in San Diego

I got a call last night from my nephew, the one my mom and I saw when we were in Maine last year. His Navy vessel is in San Diego for a couple days, and he should be able to get away sometime this afternoon to visit.

He's never been to the San Diego area before, so I'm trying to figure out where a twenty-something military nephew might want to visit. And he may have to bring a buddy with him. He said they're supposed to be on the buddy system whenever they leave base, but he doesn't know if that applies when they're leaving base with a family member, but I told him a buddy is fine with me.

I already told him that the Zoo is out. We won't have time to see much in just an afternoon. And Sea World is out for the same reason. So, Old Town? Cabrillo lighthouse? The Embarcadero? I don't know. We'll figure it out...

3 comments:

janice said...

All of those things sound great! Just being on land for while with his Auntie makes for great afternoon.

Please thank him (from me and my family) for his service to our country.

Anonymous said...

Gack. I feel really awful about what my first thought was when I read this post.

SkyePuppy said...

Jacob,

Gack! I don't want to know what you thought. Thank you for not telling me.