Friday, May 19, 2006

Off To Texas

I leave for Texas in the morning. I'm not ready yet, but I'm too tired to do much more tonight. Tomorrow has ten hours of driving, so I need to be up early to be sure I can get across California and Arizona and into New Mexico. Sunday morning I want to stop at White Sands National Monument and take some pictures before I finish my second ten hours and get to my mom's new place in central Texas sometime that night.

My kids won't be coming with me. They'll be going with their dad on their almost-annual trip to San Felipe in Baja California over Memorial Day weekend.

I'm looking forward to the time alone in the car and hoping it will clear my head for I'm not sure what. I'm also hoping that this trip, for a change, I won't get a speeding ticket.

And I'm looking forward to helping my mom paint the inside of her house--which will produce empty paint cans that we can shoot with a .45 and try to make the lid dance on the plume of water (see my first thing I want to do).

Posting will be light this week.

No comments: