Sunday, May 28, 2006

Safe and Sound

God is good. I'm back home with no speeding tickets. Many thanks to those who prayed for my safe driving.

I saw some interesting billboards and signs on the drive. There were quite a few billboards in West Texas advertising for vasectomy reversal surgery. I'm not sure why they need it more there than in other places...

Another one had a picture of a little boy, about four years old. The text said, "Is he yours? Make sure." Then they gave a web address for a site that apparently helps people do DNA testing at home. I found the billboard revolting. How many men will have doubts planted in their minds about their wives? How many families, even faithful ones, will develop rifts because insecurities are fed by this billboard?

On a lighter note, a very simple billboard said, "Got Bugs? Car Wash Next Exit."

And Texas had a yellow-diamond warning sign before a bridge: "Watch for ice on bridge." The temperature was 103 degrees.

Finally: Janice, this one is for you. A flowering yucca at White Sands National Monument.



Now I need to find out what's been happening in the news while I wasn't looking...

1 comment:

janice said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and I am not even kidding, those pictures should be framed. I would hang them in my home!
Thanks Skye, happy you made it home "ticket free".