Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Silence in the Blogosphere

This is really important. But I haven't read a word (or even a letter) about it on any of my regular blogs.

The Weekly World News (or was it the Globe?) reported this week as the cover picture (I saw it when my mom, my sister, and I were at Wal-Mart in the checkout line) that President and Mrs. Bush's marriage is ON THE ROCKS!!!

They had proof. There was a picture of President Bush tight-lipped, and there was another, obviously different-occasion, picture of an angry Laura Bush. At least I think she was angry. But it might have been one of those pictures that gets taken at exactly the wrong time when you're saying something like, "puerile," and your face is distorted and it makes you look like a raving loon.

Anyway, nobody's talking about it, except the Weekly World News (or the Globe), and I want to know why. I think it's a cover-up.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I too, saw the same headline, also while standing in a Walmart checkout line. (I think it's my second home.)

It's sort of hard to give a magazine any credibility when its other headlines read something like, "Bigfoot discovered living in Graceland as Elvis' secret lover. The amazing 20-year cover-up you have to see to believe!"

SkyePuppy said...

Oh, I missed the Bigfoot headline. I was too enthralled by the Bush photos and headlines, including the untold truth that President Bush is back to Demon Whiskey (that's why Laura wants to leave him, you know).