Friday, June 30, 2006

It Begins

This is what we're up against (those dark blotches are about the size of an adult hand). Something cute for little girls. Maybe. But not for two nineteen-year-olds. My daughter's room has this stuff all over the walls. Her friend who lives with us has it on half of her walls. The people I bought the house from must have grown sick of doing this and given up in disgust halfway through the second room.

Work was slow today, so we got to go home early. Not the go-home-on-time-but-it-feels-early kind of early, but the real, live, genuine early. The 2:30-in-the-afternoon early. It was great.

I got to listen to Hugh Hewitt's radio show in the car instead of punching buttons trying to find something palatable because I can't stand listening to Michael Savage, who comes on after Hugh. I got to take my car to the tire shop and have them fix the slow leak in both front tires (with a prayer that I wouldn't need new tires). It turned out I had picked up a nail in each of the front tires, and they were able to fix and rotate them for free.

My last assignment was a trip to Home Depot to buy all new paint supplies (below), because I had nothing. Plus, I got a six-foot ladder so we can paint the wall behind the top of the closets, which don't go all the way to the ceiling (I'm afraid to find out how much dust is up there).

We got two gallons of Kilz (a heavy-duty primer) plus the paint. My daughter picked out a pale blue, and her friend chose pale green. I like both colors.

Tomorrow we start. We've all got other plans for the morning, so we'll get busy around lunchtime. The girls are even more excited than I am.


2 comments:

All_I_Can_Stands said...

While it is a hard decision these days, I think Hugh Hewitt is my favorite talk show host. On my way home, I get Savage and then Hewitt comes on. Savage has his good days. On his bad days I can't listen to him.

Good luck with your task. I am painting today too.

SkyePuppy said...

AICS,

All the best with your painting too.

Hugh is my favorite talk show host also. I used to be able to listen to him on my computer at work, but all the "Listen Live" radio stations upgraded to Media Player v.10, which is apparently incompatible with Win 2000/NT, so now my afternoons are bleak with radio silence (sigh!).

We get Michael Savage on tape delay. They used to delay Hugh's last hour until after Savage was over, but people protested enough that the radio station listened and changed back to Hugh live for all three hours.

Gotta get back to blue-taping...