Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Weekend Planning

It feels like Friday.

Boy, am I going to be disappointed tomorrow when I have to get up before the crack of dawn to get ready for work. The only reason I can come up with for my internal calendar's disorientation is that I've decided what to do over the upcoming 4-day weekend, and I'm ready to start NOW:

We're going to paint. The girls have been complaining about the walls in their bedrooms for a long time. But now I have recent experience with wall scrubbing, blue taping, Kilz applying, and painting. What can go wrong?

The walls in the girls' rooms are ugly (I'll try to post "before" pictures when the time is closer). They were painted for little girls by the previous owner, with an off-white base coat. On top of that, somebody (who probably asked said little girls for their (non-) taste in colors) sponged lavendar, taupe, and deep purple blotches all over the walls. Both bedrooms have the same diseased look.

We can start on the smaller room first and get a feel for it. There isn't as much furniture to move in that room. And while we're covering the bruises with Kilz, the girls can choose their new paint colors. I think it can work.

But that leaves me wondering what I'm doing here at work, when I should be at Home Depot buying painting supplies.

Update:

I got the colors wrong. I checked when I got home, and it's light blue, not taupe. It's still ugly, and when I told the girls I wanted us to paint this weekend, they were thrilled. My only excuse for not knowing the right colors is that I rarely go in the girls' rooms.

1 comment:

Aarron & Cristine Pina said...

Puppy...
Hey, I have a post I'd like you to comment on when you get a chance. I don't have your eMail address anymore (or never got it from you at GBC). Would you mind clicking over to "alifeunfettered.blogspot.com" when you get a chance. Then, feel free to delete this comment, since it's totally irrelevant.

The post I'd like feedback on is from 6/21. Thanks so much. Grace and peace, Aarron