Friday, April 20, 2007

Rainy Day

It's raining today.

For people who live somewhere that rain is normal (if you've ever visited California and asked why all the houses have sprinkler systems, this would be you), this isn't special. But out here, a heavy, wind-driven rain makes a person stand on the front porch and watch the novelty of rain coming down.

I thought the rain was over by now--March usually shows us the end of rain until autumn--but I was mistaken. The road is wet, my yard is wet, and now my weeds are going to start growing again, and if I don't sell my house soon enough, the management will come by and leave another "Mow Your Weeds" notice on my door. Of course, once the house is on the market, I'll have to keep the weeds cut back, so the place shows well.

But today, I'm going to have to brave the rain, which only lets up momentarily before coming down again. I need go down to Home Depot to order replacement toilets, faucets, and light fixtures that have become unusable or unsightly. You just can't put a house on the market when one of the toilets is broken.

Good thing I have a raincoat.

No comments: