Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Waiting for Godot

I'm sitting here waiting for the plumber to arrive. He should be here sometime between 1 and 3pm to install the two new toilets. He has less than 25 minutes left to get here on time.

The minute he leaves (if it's not too late), I'll be heading back up to school, where they're celebrating Earth Day by showing two movies and having a lecture, all on Global Warming. I'd get 5 extra credit points for Anatomy class for each one of the three events I attend. But I can't leave until the toilets are installed, and it takes just over an hour to get there, so if he's still here after 4:00, I'm going to have to forget the whole idea and just get the rest of my extra credit points (up to a maximum of 50 pts--I have 30 right now) from Reggie-Lab assignments.

I'm in the middle of painting the master bedroom (very light yellow, like pale butter, with an accent wall of light yellow, like butter), but I changed out of my painting clothes around noon, so I could get a couple errands done before toilet-man arrived. I have two walls finished with the first coat. I can see where the brush strokes and roller marks are, so it's going to need a second coat.

I might not have painted, but the previous owners patched a couple holes in the walls with a really lousy job of spackling. The same thing happened with the house I owned before this one. What's with people who can't figure out to use sandpaper on their dried spackle before they paint? Spackle globs are unsightly.

By painting my bedroom, I can repair the bad patch job and spiff up some other spots, and it shouldn't be so noticeable. Besides, it's a cheery color.

Four minutes to three. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Maybe I'll start some laundry and then work on some Sudoku puzzles...

Update:

They arrived after 4:00 and didn't leave until after 5:00, the start time for the last of the Global Warming movies. Looks like I'm stuck with Reggie-Lab.

But the toilets work!

1 comment:

Charlie said...

May your new toilets always flush and never catch fire.