Saturday, June 09, 2007

Today's The Day

I'm leaving today. I'm not packed yet, but that will change.

My car (once I get to Texas) will have to be dolly-towed. Sigh! The owner of the muffler shop said the company Back East with the transmission pump wouldn't give him a definite yes, that using the pump will resolve the issue. So, in good conscience the owner wouldn't recommend that I use it. And that means that we find a dolly in Texas.

OK. I can go with the flow, and so can my mom. Her little dog Scooter doesn't care.

I got several things resolved yesterday--shipped a 35-pound box of my winter clothes to my mom's house, told the camera store that it's OK to ship the camera to a Texas address when the billing address is in California, returned the valances that turned out not to match the curtains in the master bedroom AT ALL (it would have helped if I had brought one of the curtains with me the first time), went to the computer shop and picked up the hard drive backups from our broken computers (Windows 95, 98, Millenium), and my astrophysics-major friend picked up my telescope to take it to the guy I bought it from (her friend) so he can readjust the lens/mirror. We'll pick it up in a few weeks when I'm back in the area, and then we'll be seeing stars.

And most important, I studied for and took my midterm test in Intro to Diagnostic Imaging. The deadline was 7:00pm today, so I stayed up last night so I wouldn't have to worry about it today. Next deadline: Wellness Lesson 4 (Fitness), quiz due by tomorrow. I'll tackle that tonight when I get to a motel, hopefully somewhere around the Arizona-New Mexico border.

Now it's time to finish breakfast, gather everything I think I will need (and have room for) for the next few weeks and try to get it all in my car. I hope I don't forget anything important!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

My goodness! I'm so tired just reading it! I think I'll stay here and register students. :)

I'm so excited for you though!!! Can't wait to hear the adventures!

SkyePuppy said...

Bekah,

Yes, right about now, registering students sounds so relaxing.

janice said...

After reading that I think I need a nap!

Happy trails, I look forward to reading about the trip also.