Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blogger Stinks!

I have been trying most of the afternoon to get my photos uploaded for a post I started. The photos are essential--it's one of those show-and-tell types of posts. But can I get them uploaded? NO!

Instead I get this:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I went into Blogger's Help and hunted around until I found an outstanding problem with image uploading. It says that (in spite of their download box saying we can have images up to 8MB) they can't handle images over 3MB, and it will give that message if you try.

Well, my photos are less than 3MB. But just for kicks, I started resizing my images smaller and smaller. When one of them got down to 886KB, it miraculously uploaded.

The other, just as essential, photo is now down to 788KB and still won't upload. Grrrrr!!!

Blogging this afternoon was supposed to be my reward for having memorized the locations of all the skeletal muscles in our lab manual. Some reward!

Blogger should be stretched on the rack and tortured, until it decides to upload my other photo! And if it won't, it should be drawn and quartered to put it out of my misery.

Memorizing muscle actions, origins, and insertions is more fun than this! I'm going back to my flashcards...

Update:

I finally got the picture I needed from Amazon, and Blogger uploaded that one. But Blogger still stinks. For a while, anyway...

4 comments:

All_I_Can_Stands said...

And it is way too expensive! :)

SkyePuppy said...

AICS,

Too funny! You got me there...

All_I_Can_Stands said...

It is funny because once I wrote a post complaining about blogger. Right before I published, I thought better of biting the hand that was feeding me and deleted it. Oh well. I don't blame how you feel.

SkyePuppy said...

AICS,

Good point. Gulp!

Do you think they're looking...?