Saturday, April 21, 2007

House Day

Yesterday was devoted to working on the house. I got a late start, because I had to wait for the mailman to bring me my new set of mailbox keys (I had said I'd be home), and then I had to promise to go get my mail.

By midnight, I had not only purchased but installed a shower head and three bathroom faucets (including a return trip to get some plumber's putty). And I have new bruises on my forearm to prove it. Each faucet was completed with much prayer (because one of the water lines on each one wouldn't thread properly), followed by profuse thanksgiving. I finally had to flip one water line over to get it threaded, or I would have had to go back to Home Depot for a new one.

Now that my accomplishments are starting to go to my head, I'm thinking of buying a matching kitchen faucet, since the one in there is banged up and has paint on it. But I'll wait to install it until after I paint the master bedroom. I think, after I buy it, I'll need to put a Post-It note on it reminding me to wait until after painting. I forget things like that too easily.

I bought the toilets too, but Home Depot is holding them until installation day (I'm having a professional do that), when I'll have to go and pick them up. I'm hoping to get that done this week before I leave for Texas for a long weekend with my mom and my sister.

For now, I'm off to a special Missions Committee meeting at church, and then back home to play with my new toy (more on that later) and try to get my bedroom ready to paint.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Very impressive! Faucets are easy enough in principle, but there are always these little gotchas that can make them pretty frustrating. They really do give a lot of satisfaction when they're finished and working. Congratulations!

Bekah said...

You and Christina...my heros! Congratulations! Someday I aspire to be as "fix it" as the two of you.