Saturday, April 14, 2007

Lazy Saturday Reading

Proteus at Eject! Eject! Eject! posted an essay Sunday (HT: Michelle Malkin). It's part 2 of a series he calls, "Seeing the Unseen," and he promises part 3 to be on global warming. But since part 1 was back in November, we may have a bit of a wait for his global warming essay.

I read part 1 way back when, and in it he debunks some of the popular terms and memes being bandied about by the Left regarding the war and the President--things like "Chickenhawk" and "President Bush is Stupid."

Part 2 is an analysis of the psychosis of conspiracy-theory true-believers. It's long, as good essays should be, which is why I recommend it for a lazy Saturday. And if you're really lazy, go back and read part 1 as well.

So kick off your shoes, make yourself a nice cup of hot tea (or coffee, if you must), sit back in your favorite chair and enjoy the reading.

2 comments:

Jacob said...

That piece was far too long for the average internet-dwelling attention span. They should probably consider publishing it in small hits.

Anyway. I liked that piece. It's amazing what people will believe when they let their imaginations run away with them.

I'm all for questioning things like 9/11, since it was an event of huge proportions (and it was used to start a war of much bigger proportions), but there are some things like Loch Ness and other paranormal crap make my bullshit meter go haywire.

Regarding the 9/11 "truthers" as this guy puts it, I came across a very valid argument against the premise behind the documentary "Loose Change" at this page.

Madddox also has a very funny parody of conspiracy theory documentaries here. Funny stuff.

SkyePuppy said...

Jacob! You've changed your face. Less snarl, more..."Huh?" Give me a little time, and it will grow on me.

The length of Proteus's piece was why I recommended it for a lazy Saturday, not a busy one.

I'm glad you don't fall into the "truthers" camp and that your BS meter is still functional. You've always struck me as a reasonable guy--albeit farther to the left and outside the Christian circle than I'd prefer--and this just confirms that impression.

Love those links. The Titanic one is priceless!