Sunday, April 29, 2007

Trip Planning

This is my mom's little dog Scooter, and he'll be traveling with us. He's a bit chubbier than he was when I was here last year for Memorial Day. My mom thinks it's because her fence is solid, so Scooter can't see anything to run around and bark at. When she was in Montana, the fence was see-through, so Scooter had countless numbers of deer and neighbor dogs to get excited about. We'll have to see what kind of exercise opportunities we can give him on our trip.


And this will be our home away from home. I'm going to have to do some serious downsizing of my clothes and books and paper supplies and all the rest.


Inside the motorhome, part of the living room.



And the bedroom, one of the twin beds. Since the bed is attached to the wall, there's no room for a bedspread to hang down the backside of the bed, so my mom took a queen-size bedspread and cut it in half and then sewed it up so it will fit properly and hang only on the frontside of each bed.



This is the decal-map my mom ordered. We'll stick it somewhere on the outside of the motorhome and fill in the states as we travel through them.



We started making plans for where to go and when to go there. My sister's schedule is the tightest, since she works at the Junior College and is tied to the school calendar. She has to be back to work by the end of June for some special events they'll be having over the summer. That means our trip to the Four Corners area has to be finished by then, which means I've got to be leaving for Texas in the first few days of June.

So much work, so little time!

3 comments:

janice said...

It looks great, Skye. I feel so excited for you and your Mom. You must be getting butterflies as time ticks away.

Any word on the house in CA? Is there a sign in the yard yet? Do you have an agent?

Wishing (and praying) you all the best as you travel our great nation.

SkyePuppy said...

Janice,

The house in CA is what I meant by "so much work." The master bedroom is only half-painted, and there are still a few repairs needed before I'd be willing to stick a sign out front. I'll be a whirlwind of activity when Wednesday gets here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Skye --

Ran across your blog when searching for event planning info. I once went across the country in just a car. Your idea is much smarter! Have fun.

Ed