Friday, June 15, 2007

The Trip - Waiting for the Generator

My mom told me that yesterday, when she and my sister were in Abilene and I was home studying, my sister said she probably wouldn't go with us to the Four Corners area, since it's looking like there won't be enough time for us to get there and back before she has to go back to work. Silly sister!

Today I let her know that she's more important than seeing the Four Corners. She's coming along, and we'll get her back in time. It doesn't matter where we go, as long as she comes with us.

So, we may only go to New Mexico. She really wants to go to Carlsbad Caverns, and I really want them to see White Sands, both of which are in the southern part of New Mexico near Texas.

The Four Corners has managed to survive without my seeing it this long. It can wait a while longer.

2 comments:

janice said...

Absolutely Skye!

It's about the time spent, not where it's spent.

Charlie said...

Between Carlsbad and White Sands, I'd take the caverns any day. Cooler, more spectacular, and the Carlsbad area is more photogenic.

Also, you never know what to expect around White Sands since they frequently close the highway without warning when they're doing missile tests. It can add unexpected delays to your itinerary.

Your generator tale reminds me of the time my alternator died in Pecos, Texas. Fortunately I had the tools to do the repairs myself, because there was no one in town with either the parts or the skills to fix it. Just part of the adventure when you travel away from the big city.