Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Son, The Emmy Winner!

My son just called me to tell me they WON the Emmy award for "Outstanding Student Achievement: Program." There were eleven nominees in their category, and they won!

I blogged about it last month when the nominees were announced.

The list of nominees is here. Their category is way at the bottom.

My son (the screenwriter, by the way) was still at the awards ceremony when he called. He's beside himself, and I'm so thrilled I woke up my mom to tell her, and then we called my sister.

I have no idea what it will mean for him in the future. Time will tell. But for now, MY SON WON AN EMMY!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(To clarify things, four of the eleven productions in the category won. BUT I WAS ONE OF THEM)

-son

janice said...

Congratulations to the son!

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Congratulations!