Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Trip - I'm Here!

I got into Cisco mid-afternoon today, and it's great to be here. We unloaded the car and started looking at the atlas my son gave me for my birthday so we can plan our first loop to the Four Corners area. Our itinerary will need to be prioritized, so if the trip takes longer than we expect, we'll be able to see the most desirable places and skip the rest.

The generator on my mom's motorhome is on the fritz, though, so tomorrow she'll be taking it to the nearest RV dealer for repair, and we'll stop at a trailer dealer on the way back and see what we can find in the way of something to tow my car with.

But the good news is that my new camera arrived safe and sound at my mom's house! Here it is:



The battery is still charging. I'll have to wait to start playing with it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The camera looks great! I hope you like it!

I'm glad you're able to put the atlas to good use.

Have fun!

-son

SkyePuppy said...

Number One Son,

Everyone was really impressed with the atlas, and my sister noticed all the page indexing it has (you look at Utah, and it tells you what page Arizona is on, or the Park description, etc.). It's really great.

I started playing with the camera, taking pictures of the objects around the kitchen. I figured out how to reset the clock, after I set it wrong on the first try. But the camera is way too big for the camera bag I brought with me, so I'm going to have to go shopping for a new bag. Too bad the nearest Target is so far away. I might have to settle for Wal-Mart...

janice said...

Glad you made it "sting" free and safely. Can't wait to see pics with the new camera!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it- but you are missed -by the way I have camera envy-I wonder if I should have gone with Nicon instead of Olympus. I will be following your trip- Give your Mom my love-

Judy

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a BIG camera. Did you finally get the one you wanted? And did you get the lense you wanted?
CG

SkyePuppy said...

Judy,

My mom says Hi.

CG,

Yes, it's the camera I wanted with a better lens than I tried to get from Target. It's perfect.