Sunday, August 13, 2006

Democrats Don't Get It

I turned on Fox News this morning for about five or ten minutes, while I ate breakfast, to find out if there were any new developments in the Israel/Hezbollah conflict.

What I got was Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) displaying the typical Democrat "brilliance" on the war. He said (direct quote), "We are fighting three wars: Afghanistan, Iraq, and the War on Terror."

I turned off the TV at that point, because I didn't want to go to church with my ire up.

The Democrats don't get it. It's not three wars. It's one war. It's World War III (or WW IV, if you count the Cold War as III, but let's not for simplicity's sake). Each World War has been launched by mad people bent on world (or regional) domination.

World War I had the Kaiser (Germany) trying to conquer Europe. I'm sure there was more to it, but I'm not up on my knowledge of that war except in bits and pieces.

World War II was fought on two fronts by would-be regional conquerors: Hitler over Europe, and Hirohito over Asia.

The Cold War was led by the communists, primarily the Soviet Union and its pals. I'm sure the Left would object to communists being called "mad people," but too bad. It's my blog, and I calls 'em how I sees 'm.

World War III is being fought by Islamic Fascists (or Islamofascists, or Islamic Extremists, or Freedom Fighters--the name you use depends on whether or not you're in the MSM) determined to turn the world into a vast Caliphate.

It's not always as easy to pinpoint the start of a war as it was for WW I.

When did the Islamic Extremists start wanting to rule the world? I think it was sometime in the late 600's AD.

When did they actively start trying to take over the world (or at least trying to destroy the infidels) in recent history? You could argue for 1948, when five Arab nations attacked the brand-new Israel with the intent of wiping it off the map. But the world pretty-much left Israel to her own devices, and she whupped Arab butt decisively without the rest of us. Not much World-War-ness.

In my mind, WW III started on Jimmy Carter's watch, in 1979. The Iranian Revolution is the major event that showed the Islamic Extremists' intention of taking the battle beyond Israel. That's when it went global.

We've been in World War III ever since, but we didn't recognize the battles for what they were. So victory went to our enemies, and each one emboldened them, and each time we didn't fight back to crush them, our enemies concluded that we were weak and conquerable.

Now we're embroiled in a war, along with the rest of the Free World, and this war has multiple fronts: Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Spain, Great Britain, Indonesia, Chechnya, and anywhere else the Islamofascists think they can strike successfully.

We must win. But in order to do that, we have to understand what this war is. Half of the Republicans in office understand, and the isolationist other half don't. Nearly all of the Democrats don't have a clue.

When I look at our nation's leadership, I have trouble finding any leaders to follow Bush who both understand the war and who have the strength of character that will be needed push on to victory.

The Democrats just don't get it. If they win this November, and especially if they win in 2008, they're going to get a lot of us killed.

2 comments:

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

Obviously, you get it.

Great post.

Just add Dearborn Michigan to the multiple fronts.

SkyePuppy said...

Funny, my mom was born and raised in Dearborn. Her family moved to Montana when she was going into high school.

And then my family moved to Montana when I was going into high school. I'm turning into my mom!!!