Tuesday, May 01, 2007

SkyePuppy Turns 50


It's my birthday, and it's a milestone that seems to need more to come with it than just an invitation to join the AARP. I'm still too young to start getting a senior discount anywhere, although I got one shortly after I turned 40.

Ten years ago on my birthday, my son told me I was old. Gee thanks! A couple days later, when I was at a shoe store, I noticed a sign on the wall that said, "Ask about our senior discount." So I asked if I got the discount, since I just turned 40 and my son said I'm old. The lady and I laughed, and then she said, "Oh, why not?" and gave me a discount. Gee! Thanks!

This time around, I'm celebrating the milestone by flying home from Texas and hopefully arriving just in time to take my Anatomy Lecture Exam IV, on the circulatory and lymphatic systems. Do I know how to party, or what?

Update:

The connecting plane in Salt Lake City was an hour and a half late getting there, so I didn't make it to class on time. But I got there before it was over, when the rest of the class was finishing the test, so the instructor let me take the test in a back room while she finished up the class time with a lecture on the respiratory system. I finished the test about when she finished the lecture and only had to guess on a few items. I'm SO GLAD that's over.

My daughter left me a message on my cell phone not to look in the freezer or her bedroom, so I'm home now, waiting for her to get here and show me her surprises. Happy birthday to me!

10 comments:

janice said...

Here's a great big cental Ohio Happy Birthday!

Have a fantastic day and good luck on that lab exam, you party animal.

Bekah said...

Happy happy birthday! You know our secretary says you should celebrate one day for every year you have been alive...so maybe another day you can do a party BESIDES the exam....

Christina said...

Happy 50th Birthday, Skyepuppy!!!!

You strike me as someone who has a young heart and soul, despite what your son says. Going back to school, changing careers, taking a sabbatical from work and traveling around the country for a year are all definitely cool, hip and young things. Judging from that list, I'd say you're in the prime of your life!

Have a wonderful birthday, a safe trip home and a successful exam....and maybe some really good birthday cake!

All_I_Can_Stands said...

Happy 50th Birthday. Wishing you a good one and many more.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? You are, by far, the oldest person in this family. You should watch out. Pretty soon you'll be getting those cards with the old lady in sunglasses... Oh, snap.

You didn't even cry.

If I'd made a bet, I would've lost. I see how it is.. You call that love? You're crazy. And 50. And old.

But we still love you. You need to show off my awesome present.. and cake ..to everyone on your blog.

I'm seriously not kidding.


Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why she's so obsessed with getting you to cry. You should have her see something about that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM

Malott said...

Your life is half over.

Here's to the second half and making the most of it! I'm confident you will... because you look 39.

Charlie said...

Happy Birthday! As a 55-year-old, I can tell you that after the emotional shock of the big 50 is over with, you go back to realizing that you're still young, still excited about life, and still have a lot of good times ahead of you. Don't let anyone call you old.

paw said...

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·...¸><((((º>¸.·
`·.¸.><((((º>`·.¸¸

Best fishes.

SkyePuppy said...

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

PAW, mon cher, I do believe yours are the first birthday fishes I've ever received.